You are not a commodity. Don’t market yourself as one.
We’ve all heard about local teams and proprietary deal flow. That pitch just doesn’t cut it anymore.
Out of a universe of more than 4,000 private investment fund managers active in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America, more than 700 are marketing product in a given year.
In 2018, 160 private equity and venture capital funds targeting these markets achieved a final close. Of that figure, only 62 mid-market funds succeeded.*
Differentiation is not a luxury; it’s an imperative.
Your Partner for Pitchbooks, PPMs, and More
Portico partners with fund managers to address critical strategic and tactical questions that emerge throughout the life of a fundraising campaign — from pre-marketing all the way through final close.
And we don’t stop there. Portico also works with firms’ founders and investor relations teams to generate thought-provoking content that nurtures relationships with existing and prospective LPs.
Portico is selective about the firms with which it chooses to work. Prior to entering an engagement with a firm, we assess:
- The quality of the team
- Whether the firm has a differentiated strategy or unique insights into their target market(s)
- The structure of the investment vehicle and its alignment with the investable market
- The firm’s commitment to good governance
- The firm’s contributions to the Sustainable Development Goals / impact / positive externalities
Transparent and Committed To Our Clients’ Success
Our process does not exist in a black box. We empower our clients through the provision of knowledge and insights that accelerate their time to final close, reduce their costs, and provide peace of mind.
- Firm Positioning & Key Messaging
- LP Intelligence
- Transaction Advisory
- Investor Presentation Coaching
- Branded Content
* EMPEA Industry Statistics. Mid-market funds defined as those between $100m and $500m.